Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Blood & Plunder "Bought a Collection" part I

        This year's rules were broken. Again, and Again. I bought a collection. So dude by DC was selling his B&P board, terrain, and minis. I looked at it one too many times and ended up making an offer. All to cherry pick it and dump the rest. As any proper crackhead does. 

        I just had this type of conversation with another collector. His pockets are deeper. He is a no good time wasting son of a bitch. And I just got fuck by him. Yet he has been around forever and did I say he got deep pockets. So I continue to engage. 

        He was saying this and that about why he was backing out of a deal. How he didn't want the whole thing. Only the western and extremely rare items. My position was/is. If you don't take the whole thing, you will never get those extremely rare items. 

        He says then I would have triples and what would I do with the rest. Ahhh sell it off. He says no I don't do that. Man you got 3 of 11 known objects in the world. All of which are natural materials. They need continued care or they will rot away. The maintenance is wicked expensive. So why not let someone else be their care taker? Keep the very best! He says cant be bothered.

        That is not me. I learned long ago. If you are after something and it is in a collection or lot, the only way to insure you get it, buy the whole bloodly thing. Then piece it out. There are multiple buyers that are sidelined due to price. But once broken down those buyers are back in the game. And some times the parts pay for the lot and the cherrys are free. 

        I will sell off the rule book, cards, minis, big house, and the light house. I may get 40% of what my offer was. Easily 25%!

            The Light House, Manor house, Book, Minis were sold in 3 days. I made back 38% of my offer.
            Pirates and slaves had an interesting relationship. Most every time they were turned free. Even dropped off at a Mulatto settlement/encampment. Some were asked to join the crew. And a few times they were sold off. But more often than not they were set free. 
            I have no problem with the past. Good or Bad. It is what it is. Your comfort with the past is irrelevant. Never let your modern western mind creep into your studies. It will seriously effect your ability to understand what the author's intentionality was.
            I want slaves. Not to do my shit. Slaves for the game. In any land engagement they should be represented. Weather they are native inhabitants or Africans doesn't really matter. I don't think I would ever specify in exactly what year my game would be occurring.

            I looked and looked. Finally someone painted slaves and put them up. I asked for the manufacture and bought them. They took forever to get here.
            These are from the AWI line.
        From the South American line.


Mountain

2022

Bought = 59 + a collection
Sold = 0
Painted = 232
28mm = 7
20mm = 38
15mm = 0
10mm = 0
Epic = 0
Terrain bought = 82
Terrain painted = 187

Games
Games played = 1
Games hosted =

2021
Bought = 366 + an army
Sold = 0
Painted = 841

Books
Bought = 2
Read = 3

2 comments:

  1. That's how you do it, man. Buy the big lots, sell the rest. You get armies for next to nothing or sometimes make money by selling off what you don't want.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been doing exactly that for a while now. I got the Tau, ForgeWorld stuff, Eldar, and most of the RF&F that way. I am also willing to freshen up or repaint some of it.

      Delete