Sunday, December 31, 2017

2017 wrap up


          Surprisingly, I painted more minis in this year than any year to date. Like every year life interfered. The months away from the painting table almost sunk me. The development of a speed painting system that worked for me was key. Thanks Tom, I stole your system.

          Finish the Sudan project.      600 plus to start with. Then I added about a 1000 more Fuzzy Wuzzys. In Aug the project stopped with 380 finished. I was stuck stateside as real life started to kick in.
         Finished the 20mm Moderns. 
         NetEA Imperial Fists and HH World Eaters armies.  * some Ifs were added and zero WEs.
         Painted the 6mm Desert terrain. 
         Start the 15mm ACW project.   
        Attend both Cold Wars and AdeptiCon.   ****I got to Fall In also.***
        Gaming *I did find a club in Argentine, but they are 9 hours away by bus. No local elements developed.*   
         Painting       275 was the most painted in one year. I want to double that amount this year! 550 is the goal. ***Crushed with 828 painted****

Next year will be up in the air. Mom and Dad need help. We are moving back to the states. Buy another house and I will be coming out of retirement. Painting time may be limited.

Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Don't buy this shit.


I have found the one asshole that pours resin worst than Forge World! Jesus dude, really? Why even bother?

Let us start with filling the mold to the top.

  Next level the mold.

The designed roof lip.

         This is copies of the same building. Quality control? Replacing worn molds? You must have more than one mold!
          Replace worn or damaged molds. If your pulling copies with rubber stuck to them, the mold is damaged. If the windows are filling in or bubbles always present check the mold.

          Brittle ass resin. Its one to weight? I am guessing yours is by weight. Get a fucking scale. Only one of ten buildings has the resin mixed right. That one could drive nails. The others are breaking as they knock into each other.

        This is a gravity pour. There is no questioning that. You got bubbles on the very first horizontal lip of your mold. Yet there are none on the second.


       Because your dumb ass is pouring the resin too fast. No shit your not vibrating the mold or using a vacuum system! You could, hold the mold at an angle and use a stick to trace that lip. Then no bubbles.

Do Not Buy worldofwar2017 shit on eBay!
Winner of the flying cock award

Monday, December 4, 2017

Warmaster Weekends "Transfers"

         The number of transfers available for 28mm is lovely. Go to 10mm and there is nothing but roman and some very limited Greek. 

          I started off hand painting the shields. The time it takes to paint just the shields is about half the time it takes to complete a 3 stand unit. The example to the right was done without a wet palette. A 2 brush technique with a wet palette would have been easier.
        Either way it does not matter. This project is huge. Doubling the time per unit to paint can't happen if I am to ever finish.
         No decals, transfers? Amazon-ed some decal paper. Then google searched Carthaginian shields. Two hours searching and resizing images and I got my decal sheet.
Dudes just standing around waiting for decals.
         Just print on draft quality. Let it sit for about 15 minutes. Then spray it with matte coat. I taped the ends down, because the paper will get wavy. But tape far enough away, so when you remove the tape it does not rip up the decal layer.

        Cutting these little bastards out, SUCKS! It would be faster to hand paint the shields.
 And now I have to order Decal solutions!
 The front rank waiting on the shield s of the second rank
MicroSol and MicroSet. The decal paper is shit. Continues to curl and pop off. In thinned I had to coat the decals in white glue.
 Here you can see it curling away on the black shield after 12hours.