Tuesday, March 1, 2022

ACW & B&P Preorders


         A new book about the days just after Gettysburg came out. I had it preordered. It came last week. I didn't start it because another preorder arrived. I had been waiting forever. Firelock had publishing problems. The first two runs were trashed do to printing issues. A 3rd run was done and this is the copies out now. (If it is a 3rd run, does that mean this is not a 1st ed then??) 

        I have to say after waiting soooo long. It sucks. It is not a hard back book. The page quality is staples every day printer paper. The photos are good but not that good. I got to say it. I would have like a pdf that I then printed out Vs. the production copy. Its shit!

        The stuff inside is great. I look forward to seeing if it represents F&IW/AWI better than M&T.

        ACW

            This one is again not a fuckin hard back edition. A 1st that is not a hard back??? It is also on A4 format, undersized. Whatever.

            In here is the days just after Gettysburg. Both armies are smashed. Lee needs to get out. Meade is being hammered for not chasing in the public, by his men, Lincoln is straight up his ass about it. I am about 60 pages in. The book is a must read for those into the ACW. The tactical, political, and elan considerations are enlightening beyond anything I have read yet.

Both copies borrowed from Dad's library. 
        Next up is another author I didn't know about. I have meet him. Never knew he was so well published. If your into Cavalry action during the ACW, look for Eric Wittenburg. If your really into it, in July 14 or 15th he is leading two tours around Culpeper, VA for the LBHA. I don't know if you have to join the organization or you can just buy a ticket. I will be reading his version "One Continuous Fight" next.

Mountain

2022

Bought = 28
Sold = 0
Painted = 195
28mm = 5
20mm = 37
15mm = 0
10mm = 0
Epic = 0
Terrain bought = 82
Terrain painted = 153

Games
Games played = 1
Games hosted =

2021
Bought = 366 + an army
Sold = 0
Painted = 841

Books
Bought = 2
Read = 3

No comments:

Post a Comment