Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Blood and Plunder "Indian Musketeers and Skin"


             That what it says the product name is. I had to look it up. It seems wrong. "Native Americans" make me think of all the tribes north of the Aztec/Mayans. The other packs say warrior archers, etc. I wonder if Firelock changed the name? I should pull out the book. Whatever.

            I want to do these minis as the Chorotega or commonly known as Miskito, and a sub group the Zambos. They came from the Mosquito Coast. If you look at the map, it is the area from the very bottom to where the Caribbean Sea is wrote. The Miskito hated the spanish, like the English, had little love for the Dutch, and most importantly where involved in many great Pirate raids, including William Dampier's shenanigans.


            I am a huge fan of the Foundry paints. They don't dry out. They travel better than any other brand. That includes flying. I travel all the time, all over the world. Mine have been to Japan, Iraq, and Argentina. I have never lost one or it dried out.

            You do need extra tops or covers. Those tend to break. And they are expensive now. At least there is a US distributer and your no longer buying them from England. I buy mine direct at Fall In and Cold Wars. 

Skin

Not the same Indians. using the highlights here as an example

            Foundry has an entire range for the different fresh tones. The African and Native American are the best and closet. 

           Today I am doing Indians/Native Americans/Indios. Those that lived along the Mosquito Coast, the "Miskito" or La Mosquitia primarily. (I have seen it, "the Zambos" but don't know what they are reference to?) I will use 120, Native American.

        I cannot wet blend. It is not hard. I am just retarded. Instead I will use a wash to make everything come together. These are the 3 that I have and use at times. P3 is shaded more like a glaze, the Game Color is very red, and AP is a soft brown. We will go with the P3.

            Indian on the left nothing, Dude next to him P3, Indian not on a cork Game color, Chica nothing.

           Every one was primed white and washed with GW's black wash. I can't see so great any more. It helps me see the details of the mini. 120A is blocked in for a base color. Then 120B, in the foundry way, picks out the muscles. 120B and 120C are mixed and layered up with 120C layered on in a 50/50 water mix. Then comes the P3. After everything is dry, 120C as a highlight.




            I sold the Arena Rex starter. All I have left is the big guys. Two houses and 15 detachments of Space Wolves. The Wolves are completely gone now.


            I bought 29, 28mm, Mythicos Studio Indians.

Mountain

2022

Bought = 88 + a collection
Sold = 2 Buildings, 15 detachments + an army
Painted = 240
28mm = 15
20mm = 38
15mm = 0
10mm = 0
Epic = 0
Terrain bought = 82
Terrain painted = 187

Games
Games played = 1
Games hosted =

2021
Bought = 366 + an army
Sold = 0
Painted = 841

Books
Bought = 2
Read = 3

No comments:

Post a Comment