Saturday, March 5, 2022

3D Printing "The restart"

 

            I shutdown and cleaned everything up 2 xmas ago. We were getting a new puppy. Those crazies will eat anything. I did not want to be the one that killed the puppy cause he found some resin. 

            Now he is a year old. The warm weather is coming. Please Jesus. I cant take this cold shit any more. I miss palm trees. The printer is in the garage. Your resin cannot be too cold or prints fail. So I have to wait a little while longer. (One day the garage will get sealed. Then it won't matter) This week I did the printer maintenance. I tore it apart and cleaned it, replaced the FEP, leveled the bed, and grease the mother.

            I moved the resin into the middle of the house. After a few days it will temperature stabilize.  Then it will get vortex mixer. And rest a few move days. 


            I need to get a filament printer. I have been thinking of a FlashForge. Yeah Yeah. I know get a Prusia dude. No it twice as much. I can total F this one up buy it again, and F that one up too. Still not at Prusia pricing. So no Prusia. Also I don't care. I will be burning 20mm and maybe some 10mm terrain. Nothing else. The resin printer is for the detailed and <10mm stuff. 

            Far too much gun decking going on. I got 3D files everywhere. Not as diversification or back ups. They are stored on 3 different PCs in what ever time frame I found them. I cleaned up the Mac. The Mac was first as it will not push sliced files over to a thumb drive properly every time. Next was dad's old laptop. I took it after he left and planned on using it just for 3D. Never happened. All his academic and research are still on it. I need to move it off and store it. That is next. All the files there are done. Last is the work laptop. Maybe on the weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment