Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Blood & Plunder "Bought a Collection" part II

 

        I have sold off all I wanted to. I did not plan or think where exactly I would store the board. It is just too tall to fit under my Wargaming tables. It would only fit under VV's bed, but I don't trust that one. I am sure she would protect it. So  it sits for now behind the door to my painting room. The garage. 

        With the Cherrying Picking complete. I am left to absorb it as is. Or bring it up a level. The board itself is terrific. The scatter terrain is well tabletop standard. This is where the train came off the tracks for the creator. He base coated and dry brushed. 

        It is ok. Not me. I am going to go back over wash it, and pick out the detail. A simple wash ends the dry brush look. Now it looks a little more like untreated wood.
        With a side by side, you can see what an hour and a half gets you.

                  

            The roof from the only building I kept. Originally it was a red with white dry brush. I hate to use my foundry paints for terrain but they make an excellent palette for roof tiles.
Before

After

    
    The rest of the building's wooden parts got the same treatment as the gallows. The iron bits were picked out. Then seeing that this one was destroyed, guessing fire was involved, weathering powder was used for fire blacked soot.









No comments:

Post a Comment