Monday, July 31, 2023

Regimental Fire and Fury Tom's house

 

        I have known Tom as long as I have been alive. Tom was one of dad's scholarly mates. I would see him at least once a year as I grew up. Then years later at history conferences or lectures. I never knew he played soldiers until 2009. Tom was a Battle Barn member. The Battle Barn ran games for years at HMGS Cons until it imploded in 2015.

        Tom's life got in the way. I had not seen him nor had he been able to come to a Con in serval years. We would talk on the phone or thru email. This June I saw him out in WY. Tom said he was going to start playing again and hosting games. Tom's collection is very very nice. He is an excellent painter. His original table was built by his dad in 1976 or something. It was 19 by 7. His new table is modular. Any where from 5 to 19 feet.

        Once I heard him say he was returning to hosting games, I asked for a spot. He asked when I was available. I said the day you choose, I will be there. I was going to fly in from Cali and then fly back. Cali dried up and I went home Thursday. Friday I drove out to OH, played Saturday and drove home Sunday.



















Mountain

2023

Bought = 228, 3 collection, 1 army
Sold = 122, 117 Detachments, 1 Army

Painted = 367
28mm = 49
20mm = 94
15mm = 0
10mm = 0
Epic = 143
Terrain bought = 161
Terrain painted = 59

Printed Terrain = 4
Printed = 30

Games
Games played = 19
Games hosted = 8

Books
Bought = 3
Read = 6

2022

Bought = 1289 + a collection + 3 Armies
Sold = 76, 14 Buildings, 22 detachments + 3 Armies + a game
Painted = 763

No comments:

Post a Comment