Friday, July 28, 2023

The Road Heavy Rotation part III

 

        The trip home took 12 hours more. The ground crew guy in San Jose blew the electrical circuit when he plugged the plane into shore power. That was awesome. The whole plane went dark. 3 hours later, they got it started. The plane was wicked hot. I sweated my ass off. Only to land in MSP with my BWI flight long gone. 
        Delta hooked me up with meals and a hotel. But I had to stand in line for that shit. Ya know, cause if ya don't ask, you get jack all. The new flight was set up before I landed. I got to the hotel at 11:10. The flight out was 5am. 3ish hours down. Then back to the airport for 2 more flights to get back to BWI. 

            As a Delta share holder, the choice to use all contractors for ground crew and baggage was not the best idea. My hard plastic tool box had the locks torn off. One was hanging, bent to shit. A chip was taken out of the box. The Wifi lost a wheel on her Wednesday trip. I have never had a bag damaged with Delta or even when they were Northwest. 

          A 4pm flight. Out of the house at noon. Originally my flight out was at 7am. I would have had to leave at 3am. After getting home Saturday at 3:30pm, I got Delta to change for no fee. The new flight was cheaper. A credit held in SkyMiles is never seen by the company. Bonus for me! I land at 9:30pm in Cali. 


        Back up in the same Holiday Inn. Same deal. Same shit desk lamp. I had time the 2nd night to paint. 3 more got finished and another 4 are on their way. The 3rd night nothing. I am flying out again with an early flight. up at 2:45 for a 5:30am flight out. 
        Once in Atlanta the shit show started again. The flight to BWI was delayed. Then they loaded us and we sat for 2.5 hours as these retard never did the paper work for something.

No comments:

Post a Comment