Saturday, July 22, 2023

The Road Heavy Rotation part II

        2 Weeks in Cali. Delta on the way out, comfort +. Atlanta to San Jose is about 4 hours. I had trouble walking off the plane. My knees were killing me. The next good to go. 
        All 2 weeks are in the Holiday Inn Express. Its 5K a night with double points. The lighting sucks. The desk lamp is ok. The desk is far from the window and there is no floor lamp in the room. 
        The 1st week I got nothing done. Another company was onsite. We had to be handlers. I had 3 other minor bullshit jobs in the area. I was never at one place all day. Then we had to take the guy to lunch and dinner every night. 
        I popped in a kilo heavier the 1st Friday. No beer, running, oatmeal, lifting and swimming all weekend. No dew! Down 1.5 kilo Monday morning. I did get some painting down that weekend. 

        I have all B&P, but mostly Anno Domini 1666. All the minis traveled in a chessex case. My paints occupied the normal travel kit. I split them up between my clothes and tool box.




        The flight home tomorrow is 1st class. I get in at midnight. But then Monday morning I have to come back to Cali. That one is 1st class too. I will be at the same place. Two new people to train. Same hotel.




        If I am very lucky I will make HistoriCon Saturday night. If I am very lucky a pick up game of Epic. Otherwise I will miss it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment