Monday, September 12, 2022

NetEA World Eaters Vs Death Watch 3000 points

 

        Insane! I am actually playing a game again. I would not have, but Kal pinged me. I was going to be mowing lawns and working on dad's collection. Epic sounds so much better.

        We are at 6 feet under today. Soon 6 feet under will move. They are going from out with the cows to just off Rte 30. The new place is half way between the VA and the Outlets. 6 feet say they will have enough table space for tourneys. I am thinking of a Central PA Warmaster tourney once they move. Then bring back the PAEAT! It has been 10 years since the last PAEAT?

        Like the Hulk and bugs. The World Eaters have to smash. It is the same problem with bugs. You have to GET THERE! If you don't get into engage, your smoked. Last time they were out was at AdeptiCon. I ran a list with a Lord of Battle and Defilers. Those 2 were the only shooty detachments. Air cover by Hell Talons on CAP. My WE was screened by Possessed and the WE created overwatch.
        That went all well and good. Until I ran into Andy and his Tau. Andy stayed away. He ignored the LoB and was scared of the termies. The Retinues he picked apart. That bastard took one look and knew without the retinues I couldn't hold ground. By staying away and jacking the retinues I lost to 2-1. T&H, Blitz to Blitz.
        This time out I have dropped the Defilers and Bikes. A 3rd Retinue was added. Only 8 activations. I will take a beating turn 1. The possessed need to stay in cover and not get broken T1! 
        I am dropping and tellatubbie. Two Retinues will drop end of turn one. The termies will tellie turn 2. Talons on CAP. The Retinue not dropping will sit back with the SC. The Possessed will advance and screen the LoF.
        If I chose we are playing corners.
My List;
Kal's List;
        I didn't win initiative. We played length wise. I was able to keep the objective in a narrow channel between each of our Blitz objectives. World Eaters lose the initiative after the drop. Your surprise is gone, and you have no ability to project a threat. I needed to shrink the playable area. The closer Kal gets, the more compact he gets, the better.
        With this in mind I need each drop to cover multiple objectives. If one fails or get broken/shot off, the other can pick up. Drop 1 lands between the T&H objectives. Drop 2 lands between Biltz and 1 of the T&H objectives. Orbital strike hits just off the Biltz. Termies will come next turn to support who ever eats it.

        The problem I would face right away was Kal is much more mobil than my World Eaters. Once they drop and if they survive. I am faced with area denial only. Retinues walking with no shooting are combat ineffective. All Kal has to do is survive the drop and then gang up on my slow detachments. Each drop or tellie will need to cut an activation.
        The LoB will hold a flank and a channel area denial with fire support. My Retinue with Rhinos will anchor the other flank. Everything else will swing around off them.
       
The mapping skills of a trained observer. Looks like a monkey with a stick drew it.
        I set my Rhino Retinue on the Blitz. The LoB and Possessed on the left flank
         
        Kal had a chimera detachment with hydra on his Blitz and on their left flank assault marines. The Center held by the veteran marines. The 2nd assault marines with chimera detachment on their left flank.

Turn 1 
    Kal has initiative. He moves up the assault troops by the Blitz right before the hill in front of the LoB. He retains with the planes. BM on the LoB. My talons lay a blast marker on his 2nd assault detachment. They jump up to the forest in front of my Blitz. I jump the possessed onto the hill in front of his bounding assault troops. The Veterans move up to the center hill. LoB doubles up to the opposite side of the hill the 1st assault troops bounded to. The LoB covers the center and has a diagonal lane of fire.  He lays a BM on the veterans. The chimera on his right advances along side the assault troops on his right flank. My 2nd possessed jumps in front of the Veterans in the center. The chimera detachment on his left fails. 
     Kal is out of activations. Space ship hits nothing, bad plotting. Drop 1 eats the Veterans. Drop 2 bounces off the assault marines on his right flank. I move the Retinue with Rhinos off the Blitz into terrain. awaiting the Kal's drop.
        All broken detachments come back, but my drop that broke.


 Turn 2
     My Termies tellie, Kal's tellie. I win initiative. My termies eat the chimera detachment that failed. I retain possessed on bounces of the other chimera detachment. Kal's termies are eaten by the LoB. Kal retains, planes break the other Possessed. The retinue in Rhinos break the 2nd assault detachment. Kal's drop 1 breaks the retinue with rhinos. He retains drop 2 finishes the broken drop. 






Turn 3
    Kal wins initiative. Nothing much happens detachment wise. My possessed are gone and the retinue with rhinos remains broken. I hunt his BTS. LoB shoots does jack. Termies lay a BM. We move for objectives. T&H and Blitz for both.

Turn 4
    We both are spent. I am too slow to to get any where. We both face the problem if a unit moves it gives up a point. I try to contest blitz for Kal. That forces him to spend the only detachment he has to shoot me. I shoot up his BTS. T4 ends with us more beaten up and we go to points.

World Eaters kill 1760
Death Watch kills 980

    Lessons Learned; 2 drops is too many. I need the ability to move. I need another unit that can shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment