Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Blood and Plunder 1695 Part III

                                

        I had a hard time with the second girl. One I need glasses. Anything a foot and a half in front of my face is......well my eyes cannot focus. The 1st attempt at highlighting was not working at all. The purple would not layer up. The truth is the tip of my brush was never touching. I could not see that. Purple brush tip on a purple area was all one purple spot.
        Then I took my mother inlaw for readers. Maj Tim told me to get readers. I didn't want to agree a my sorry ass was so old I needed them. I do and I got a 1.5 set. They work great. I could see the brush tip when the colors matched. But when I look away my head start to hurt. I am still struggling between glasses and technique. Its practice or unlearning the work arounds for not being able to see properly.
        Sisters, same 3d artist dude, made these girls. One about to snap you. The other is past that point. Now you gona get cut. The second girl is the cutter.

        On to the next chica. This one is a 3d print. This one looks like the girl from the disney hunch back movie. The pykie one. I also went with a dark skinned Indian/Arabic look. It turned out more African skin tone. 
        She is meant to stand on this little tiny rudy pooty cannon. Nope. I needed something properly pirate like for her to stand on. Or rest her foot upon. Not some cartoonish BS. That put me in a place where she would not fit on a 25mm base. I had to boost it to 40mm. She would be a commander now? 
        The dock works are also 3d printed. I glued them down and then chopped and sanded until the dock planks fit the 40mm circle. This is also the only base with the lip painted.
        After that I used Woodland Scenics water effects for dirty port water. Not the Caribbean! That water effect is crap. Do not buy it. The stuff shrinks. I had to fill the spot 4 times and it is still not at the level I wanted.
        The monkey is a Black Scorpion mini. I went with the cartoon monkey. Afterwards looking up monkeys from Madagascar. I saw the striped Makifelek monkey lives there. That would have been cooler to paint. Well sucks, to suck!
And the final sealed and done.

Mountain

2022

Bought = 368 + a collection + 3 Armies
Sold = 64, 14 Buildings, 22 detachments + 3 Armies + a game
Painted = 637
28mm = 68
20mm = 45
15mm = 290
10mm = 0
Epic = 0
Terrain bought = 82
Terrain painted = 234

Games
Games played = 25
Games hosted = 9

2021
Bought = 366 + an army
Sold = 0
Painted = 841

Books
Bought = 14
Read = 6


No comments:

Post a Comment