Thursday, September 1, 2022

Warmaster Terrain "Babylon"

 

        The stones and structures from Ancient times are larger then you think. They are huge. The first row of the pyramid topped off at my shoulder. It is the same for all these cultures. 

        These dudes are actually to scale for 10mm. They are "Dust" terrain. I saw them at AdeptiCon many years ago and lost my mind. They were already out of print by then. I was in contact with "Dust" until I got a set. Of course I wanted more. There was none. Then they got shelved as I was not sure how to paint them. I didn't have the skill or the tool set then.
        They were cleaned and primed with Otter Brown. Then airbrushed at a 65 degree angle with Badger's Desolated Beach. 
            The bricks in real life were glazed a bright blue. If you go to Berlin, the gate is there! You can see the blue bricks. The Germans stole the entire gate. I used Badger's Spellslinger Blue for my bricks.
        These thing sit in Iraq and a few in Iran. Good luck ever going there. Well unless we go to war again. Then you will have to trust me when I say no one cares there. All this stuff is crumbling. Most of it stolen to build something else or half buried or coated in dust and sand.
        To get that old lost empire look. Before the no one cares phase. I hit the top of them with Army Painter's Harden Leather. Then applied loaded brush after brush with dirty paint brush water until it ran down the sides.
        I don't remember the ones in the British museum being painted. So mine are not. I also cannot find my pictures. Whatever.

Mountain

2022

Bought = 368 + a collection + 3 Armies
Sold = 64, 14 Buildings, 22 detachments + 3 Armies + a game
Painted = 630
28mm = 65
20mm = 45
15mm = 290
10mm = 0
Epic = 0
Terrain bought = 82
Terrain painted = 230

Games
Games played = 25
Games hosted = 9

2021
Bought = 366 + an army
Sold = 0
Painted = 841

Books
Bought = 14
Read = 6

No comments:

Post a Comment