Friday, September 16, 2022

Anno Domini 1666 "Veterans Of the Tercios"

        Moving off from Pirates, not completely. Yet sticking with the Spanish. The first up is 1666's the Veterans of the Tercios. These dudes are non musketeer shooters, but swords out.

        I have run out of GW bone primer. I switched to Lowes,  River Rock. It is more than half the price. Does the exact same thing. It is easier to get. I will spray arm length away with short bursts.

        I normally wash them in Army painter Dark tone before starting. Well......because.....remember I can't see any god dam more. It helps me identify the details and black lines everything. 
        I said normally. I could not find the AP wash anywhere. So I threw on a blackish GW one. The GW one is extra shiny and slick. I had to matte spray them to get the paint to stick. Then I see the AP wash dead nuts in front of where I was sitting!


           I am going to stick with the Original Tercio paint scheme. While adding in some from the examples below. I really like the way this group turned out!

1666 Veterans

        I am not totaling leaving the Pirates behind. This commander for the Spanish is close enough in dress to get batch painted with the 1666 Veterans. All will be or could be used in both games.

        The Blue and Red will tie him in with all the others

        Forgot to paint the pistols. They are painted now.

Mountain

2022

Bought = 368 + a collection + 3 Armies
Sold = 76, 14 Buildings, 22 detachments + 3 Armies + a game
Painted = 698
28mm = 77
20mm = 45
15mm = 342
10mm = 0
Epic = 0
Terrain bought = 82
Terrain painted = 234

Games
Games played = 25
Games hosted = 9

2021
Bought = 366 + an army
Sold = 0
Painted = 841

Books
Bought = 14
Read = 6

No comments:

Post a Comment