Sunday, January 14, 2024

Terrain Boards, Cons and the Future part XXIII

            I could never truly say what this beast cost me. I have been at it 3 or 4 times now. Each time almost starting over. The 1st version was 2012 or 14 maybe. The GW boards alone were 200 new then. While writing this, I don't want to know. 
            Then there is the amount of time. If I had not been just kicking around, it would never have gotten done. Easy money there has been 3-6 hours a day since the 28th of Dec. I think from start to finish with 12 hours a day you could do it in 3-4 weeks.


            More Teams meeting painting.

            Roads. How many times did I say I had enough? 4 rounds of pouring, 400ml probably. 
                When I got towards the end of my resin. The drying or curing of the resin changed. Cure time doubled or tripled. The last pour cure, but clear. 

Supplies

            Another SmoothOn failure. Do not order from Amazon! Amazon is keeping the product too long or failing to store it at temperature. Part A or the pink stuff is solid. Not needed for this project. No worries. I can wait for summer and order from SmoothOn directly.
            I am going thru plastic card like it is free. Train stores, Model stores, old school hobby stores like when I was a kid no longer exist. I would have thought, way out here with the cows. There must be a train store. We have a train place. Tomas the train goes there a couple of times a year. No train stores! Amazon sells it. If you have the bar code it is easy to find. Otherwise it is a shit show.
            This stuff. The last time I did the FW tiles. I sealed them with furniture stain. The same stuff AP dip is made of. That shit is rock hard. It is winter. I will have to seal them some how inside. Hopefully 2 or 3 coats will make the tiles unchippable!


Tile "B"

            Tile "B" is what hung me up last year. I ordered more walls when I roughed in the other hill tile. Those walls came in Legions scale. I bought the Dark realms stls. Then printed when I could. But I never got at it. I almost failed again until the Tunnel idea came. 
    
            Some ideas are better left alone. The angled road along the wall, row houses. It took me a good day to sort out the roads. The building positions are marked. The roads dressed. It sit now flocked with rubble. If tomorrow is nice, I will spray.

            This dude was originally building C7. Tile "C" was stripped bare. I recovered the roads and the tile. "C" will become another "G." C7 was repurposed and cut to fit A6. A little trimming of the sabot was all that was needed. The brushes were touched up with AP dark angel green. The acid burn was washed and re-highlighted. The A6 was sealed.
            The original A6 building was relocated to "D" tile. The sabot slot right in. 

            "A" had the side walls sprayed Otter Brown and the roads blocked in black. The side ways done in grey and the rubble in brown.
        Craft paints suck for everything. But terrain.
            Working on 4 at once. I needed a creative way to set each aside while it dried.

            A6's relocation and the sabot for E8 and E9 is done.
            The plasma burn ruin was also a "C" building. It was repurposed as an E building.
                            ****I dropped it! It is now repaired and in the spray booth.***

            Planning out the last tile's roads. I have plenty to finish the job.


THE MOUNTAIN

Bought = 54
Sold = 52, 5 detachments

Painted = 141
28mm = 0
20mm = 0
15mm = 96
10mm = 0
Epic = 30
Terrain bought = 0
Terrain painted = 15

Printed Terrain = 0
Minis Printed = 0

Games = 0
Games hosted = 0

Books 
Bought = 0
Read = 1

2023

Bought = 321, 6 collections, 6 armies, 4 buildings
Sold = 142, 166 Detachments, 6 Armies, 1 Collection
Painted = 950







No comments:

Post a Comment