Thursday, January 4, 2024

Sallie planning and kitting

        I will be traveling for an extend period overseas. I need to bring something to paint. Its an operational theater that I will be in. So hiding in the room at night and on the weekends. No worries I have been there before. If anything, there would be a stop in Cairo for 3 or 4 days on the way home. Or a weekend in Cyprus. 

        With all that in mind plus bag and weight restrictions. And Cigars!!! I will bring all the Sallies to finish. 6mm dudes and armor and bases are 80% resin. They weight next to nothing. It is 6 paints for the bases. 8 for the dudes total.

Mass assembly and counting.

         For a long time when fight club was available. I was ordering everything I could. Every group order. Then when the states got a forgeworld. Again, I was ordering. Now its pouring over the plastic organizers to find every option to fully kit the Sallies. Kind of wish I ordered more now it is OOP!!!


        I am not too worried about the 40K list. Its limited, fairly simple, and plays like sisters. Other than Sallies detachments being over sized expensive upgraded detachments. Any infantry requirements will be meet by the kiting for the other lists. I think the Sallies will go to AdeptiCon! Or Vraks Traitor Guard???
        The Epic Armageddon 30K list, I expect the same kitting requirements.

        Imperius Dominatus is my choice for 30K rule sets. The "getting" of games is the issue. But if I kit the Sallies out for ID. There will be no issue for the other rule sets. The problem with ID is the formations are huge. ID armies are 2-3 times the size of an Armageddon army.
        Only limitation to the basic Astates Legion; No Phosphex, Rad, No Destroyer or Moritat formations

  • Salamander infantry gains the indomitable [ID] ability. 
  • • Salamander infantry gains -5cms on charge moves (does not affect jump pack elements) 
  • • Salamander infantry is immune to the intense fire effects of burning structures. 
  • • Salamander infantry gains +1 to invulnerable saves when present 
  • • Salamander infantry gains Agile [AG]ability 
  • • Salamanders may not use moritat upgrade or destroyer formations 
  • • Salamanders cannot spend more points on vehicles formations than infantry formations 
  • • All Salamander vehicles gain re-rolls on failed armor saves (second result stands) or +1 to their existing invulnerable save. 
  • • Salamanders’ fortification cards count as special cards. 
  • • Deepstrike formations count as special cards for the Salamanders legion (exception, terminators) 
  • • Cannot use phosphex or radiation ammo. 
  • • Upgraded flamers. All Salamander flamers gain a bonus -1 to the save modifier 
  • • Librarius. Vulkan supported the use of the Librarius. The Salamanders may add Librarians to their Legion. 
  • • Legion Upgrades o Mantle of the Elder Drake. Command gains it-will not die ability 
        Serval days of glueing tiny bits to my hands. The back packs are the worst. The squares don't fit 100% in the backs of the dudes. 90% of the time they stick to your dam hand.


        I had a few bases poured. Those were cleaned and primed black. The resin for new bases is upstairs in the kitchen stabilizing for temp.
        I poured a grey resin originally. It must have been SmoothOn also. 320 is what I had brand new waiting for me. With any extra resin, I will be pouring downed Thawks for AdeptiCon give aways.


No comments:

Post a Comment