Friday, January 5, 2024

Sallie planning and packing

 

        Like I said they are flying with me. I need to get them there in one piece. If I have to spend days repairing what I packed poorly. That will create issues completing the army. Then get them home painted un-chipped and unbroken. Everything come down to packing. The airline is going to kick the shit out of my bags. Hard cases are a must.

        Customs and Security are always interested in taking a look. Security, is easy. I can repack or properly pack them after their interest. Customs and or the baggage dudes there is no control. I have to think if my cigars will go checked to hand carry the army. On the way back the cigars will be gone. So no worries there. The GW case and Cigar case is about the same size. Cigars weight next to nothing.

        I wasn't just sitting around all week prep-ing units to go. Some painting was getting done. Double the amount of paints I initial thought I would take.
        Dudes on stick load with the big guy in a foam laced ride.
        5 rounds of casting, cleaning and priming of bases.

        On the way home the painted Infantry will be hand carried in a chessex cases. The armor, will ride in the GW case. It is not as fragile as the infantry.

        The trip is canceled. HR found out. Said we can't ensure in a warzone. If I got smoked, the company and managers knowing I was sent to a warzone would be liable straight and out the ass. So no trip until the state department lifts the travel advisory.

        I had just packed my cigars, bought tickets, got the hotel, the rental car, insurance for a rental car in a warzone, set the card to international and the phone. Only to wake up and have to cancel all that shit! Now that I am up so early, painting!






No comments:

Post a Comment