Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Terrain boards, Con, & the Future part X

 

            I have not been happy with the way the board has been turning out. It does not look like what I wanted. The rivers came out great. The first 4 tiles, no. I have those 4 to fix and 2 more that have not been started.

            I am also thinking of taking two of the hill sections and creating a beach. Then some how pour sea water an inch or so deep. No idea how I would do waves? It would be a Blood &Plunder purpose board. Yet giving up two of the 8 sections I have would not make the board single purpose or limit the games playable on it.

            Then there is the idea of a lipped edge. That keeps the board as multi use.
Then while sleeping I realized I am dummy. Big Dummy! Hill sections are right angles. When putting two hill sections together you get a peninsula. Great endless beach. Which means now I am creating sections to terminate the beach.


Lucky for me years ago the Rick asked GW how they did the battle boards. I saved the article. Now I am going about creating sections. Except I did not follow the directions. I used what scrap I had. Which turned into a waste of time. as each layer was glued and wait as it set. Then it was not level. So pull it up and go buy new foam.


The rocks, are lizard rocks. They are held in place with white and hot glue. It is bulked out with scrap foam, wall paste, and sculpty stuff.

        UPDATE;  All of the above happened before my travel kicked off. This section is now in the trash. The idea was great. The application and technique was crap.
                            I am left with the two river sections and a beach. All this will go on hold for a little                                             longer. I may sell the river sections and pressure wash the flock off the others. Then                                     restart.



No comments:

Post a Comment