Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Terrain Boards, Cons, and the Future part XI

Secret Weapon  "The Tiles" part I


            At one point in time Secret Weapon made plastic 12" x 12" interlocking gaming surface. It was called terrain scape. There were 3 or 4 different themes. I think they kickstarter it. 
            Long ago at one of my first AdeptiCons, secret weapon was there. They would give 15% military discount. I wanted the rolling hills kit for a 6 x 4 table. None in stock, but they would ship. And I got one. 
            Then years go by, Living in Argentine goes by, Returning to the states goes by, Getting into the new house goes by. When searching for something else I found my order. Then thought it would be cool to have two sets. 
            They are not made any more. Secret Weapon has no stock. The molds were stolen from Secret Weapon. Ebay is a waste land. Well yesterday I found a second set, in MY ROOM. I must of had the same idea long ago. The second set is the medium size, 16 tiles. I think not only will I need glasses for painting soon. I may be in serious need of memory pills!  
        Crack is a powerful drug. It is nothing compared to resin crack. Today I got another 7 tiles off of eBay.

            The new first idea was to do an Afghan looking board out of two sets. Then I was thinking of just doing one Afghan board and one green fields board. Now I think I will be doing ALL as green fields. Most of the Historics I will be playing green fields are fine. Epic it doesn't matter. Warmaster is happy in green fields. So green fields it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment