Saturday, August 27, 2022

By Fire and Sword "Carousel Horses" part II

         All the black plastic jewelry trays are kept in a liner filing cabinet. It is truly an excellent solution for the trays and gobbles up all the minis. My bF&S are stored in the same drawer as the RF&F. In moving trays around to get at the tray in which the Union Cavalry lives I had to moved the bF&S tray. This is how I ended up here with a tray full of horses broken of their bases.
        The back story. A project started that ended with a broken drill bit in my thumb. After the blood was cleaned up and I pulled the part out of my thumb with my teeth. The project got shelved.

        Restarting I magically discovered horses not broken off. A bunch that needed only rebasing and touch ups and flock and grasses. Easy! I was already doing the Union Cavalry.
        This is what I used. It is the wrong stuff. I used a grit that I dyed originally. I need to find it for the others.
        After noticing it was the wrong shit. I tried multiple washes to get it right. All failed. Their bases are now much darker.

        The Carousel Horses are more labor intensive. These not with a whole in the horse's belly, need one. All the horse stands and base need drilling. Then everything gets glued in place. The rod thru the stand and base. Then up into the horse's belly. 
        I ordered an electric hobby drill, WOW stick. After sticking a broken bit into my thumb. I do not want to be putting effort into a hand drill. Now its all about feed rate. It probably was before, right into into my thumb.  
 
 
        It comes is a fancy box. It is a lower torque than I expected.

        Thats it they are all done now.

Mountain

2022

Bought = 368 + a collection + 3 Armies
Sold = 64, 14 Buildings, 22 detachments + 3 Armies + a game
Painted = 620
28mm = 58
20mm = 45
15mm = 290
10mm = 0
Epic = 0
Terrain bought = 82
Terrain painted = 227

Games
Games played = 25
Games hosted = 9

2021
Bought = 366 + an army
Sold = 0
Painted = 841

Books
Bought = 14
Read = 6

No comments:

Post a Comment