Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Anno Domini 1666

Anno Domini

        I played at Little Wars two years ago. "The Doc" running the demo played in my RF&F game. Originally I got a By Fire and Sword demo by Doc. Which I bought in on. Then later he was running a game and no one showed. He is a wick cool, funny ass dude. So I played.

        What got my sort of interested in 1666 was I won. It was quick, easy to learn, flowed well. More importantly I had been watching Las aventuras del capitan Alatriste. That series is great. The dude playing Diego Alatriste is perfect. I never read the books, don't care to. The series is the shit! I played Alatriste's fraction. 

        Then when I got started with B&P. I was back painting 28mm minis and 1666 is the same time period. B&P is limited in scope and minis. I included some 1666, Black Scorpion, and 3D minis into B&P. That got me thinking I could have minis and terrain play a dual role. 1666 start to creep into my head.

        I am done with kickstarter. But...... 1666 had a kickstarter. The minis are fantastic! Well most are. The new minis are hot. I had been looking for a used set. Then I saw the kickstarter. I had to go in. The original, the new set and some extras. 




No comments:

Post a Comment