Monday, November 1, 2021

Blood and Plunder "Badass Chicas"

 

        I have said before. It is a game, I can play with my kid. Which is a girl. So girls need girls to push around! We are all fat dumb and happy playing. As all our heroes and interactions are through dudes being pushed around. I have only ever pushed girls as civilians. So I need girls in an all boy game. 
        I ordered 3 female pirates from a print farm. Anne Bonne, young and old, and another random chic. The random chic arrived 1st. The other two arrived this week. Kind of happy they didn't go with the Anne tits out. She was known to fight with her tits exposed. The sitting around Nassau not doing shit and the high seas Anne.


 
        She is the first 28mm mini in 8 years. The last one was an Indian for M&T. She took about 3 hours start to finish. The colors are brighter and more then what would have been available to the people of the time, but these are for a little girl to play with.

        Firelock makes female Boucaniere. There are 4 standard minis representing the woman these that worked and fought in the frontier.

        I have not painted 28s in forever. The note book has details on how I painted the Muskets & Tomahawk 28s. Only difference is I primed them with the GW bone spray. Next they are washed with Army Painter "Dark Tone." I did this for two reasons. Firstly, I am pretty sure my eye sight is failing. I can't see what I used to. Secondly, by doing this you black line without having to paint over black!

                (Painting over black primer is all well and fine if you like darker less warm colors and have time to layer over and over again to get the color to be the color.) 

        I am using almost completely Foundry paints. Yes they are expensive and a mother to get. I got the basic set years ago. I think right before I went to Argentine. Then I got the skin set next. And this year I cherry picked the ACW set. 

        If you run out. Your stuck for weeks to get a replacement. The replacement pots I have gotten have never not matched the old pot.


        I painted the first chic all at once. This time I am batch painting the blister of four. I think batch painting will improve my speed only when it comes to the details. I have left the "A" behind each girl so I don't forget the base color.

        Batch painting improves nothing. It took 3 days longer to finish one. The only save was doing the skin at once. I will go back to painting one at a time. 

Mountain

2021
Bought = 348 + an army
Sold = 0
Painted = 839
28mm = 5
20mm = 21
15mm = 282
10mm = 225
Epic = 40
Terrain bought = 207
Terrain painted = 277

Books
Bought = 22
Read = 8
Games Played = 20

Games Hosted = 7

No comments:

Post a Comment