Sunday, November 14, 2021

HistoriCon "Day 4"

 


                EA tourney is today. I have NetEA World Eaters. Kal spit back my initial submitted list. The list champion changed Dreadcraw pricing. Which is not correct in the army builder. It was 25 points per Dreadcraw per detachment. It is now 5 points per unit within the detachment. Then to give a Berzerker Retinue a dreadcraw, it would be 40 points. Well that 40 points is an odd ball number and just dicks everything up.  So Dreadcraw for me.
                WEs went 1 - 1- 1.
The List 2990

Berzerker Retinue
*SC, Rhinos, Dpack

Berzerker Retinue
*Rhinos, Dpack, Keeper of chains

Terminators
*+2 termies, Dpack, Keeper of Skulls

Possessed
*Dpack

Possessed
*Dpack

Bikes
*Dpack

Defiler
*+1 defiler

Helltalons

Helltalons

Space Craft

Deamon pool
*greater demon, 6 lesser demons
+6 lesser demons from the Dpacks

Game 1
            Hot tub time machine. Bill is back! Bill is back. Bill is a great dude. Funny fucker. I had not seen him in 10 or 8 years. When I first started back into Epic he helped me out. Bill run my first Epic tourney. And I got him and his Eldar game 1. Bill won, 2 - 0. Blitz and T&H. I took him to turn 4. I just did not have enough left on table to go to turn four. 
            The stupid Eldar jet bikes were a bitch and the stole the Blitz from me. It sucks to be an engage army when the other guy can just float up and give you the finger.




    We were set to area denial on the gate. All summoned up. Come out and get stuffed.

    Everything prep-ing the titan's engage
        Now had I killed this dude. The game would have been mine. I didn't know what his death would do to the Eldar on board in line of sight. All I had to do was pop him. He was broke and down to one wound. And I didn't?????
    They went ape shit and landed 14 hits on the titan, 1 a TK. They titan won the engagement. They were broke with 2 stands left. The titan limped away with 2 DC left.

Game 2
        I played Matt and his steel legion. The Shadowswords paled with the defilers all game. Then I made a mistake. By advancing up my right flank, I vacuumed all his forces into a tight castle. There was no point to hit. My termies cam down and sat on my Blitz. There by saving my BTS. The Bikes came on an end around, try to pull apart the castle on the left flank. They hit, killed, out numbered, had a character, and rolled snake eyes. Broken for the rest of the game. His air assault unit was punishing me. 
        Some how in the end of 3. I got TSNP and DTF for the win. The TSNP was alway mine. I took his from him and then play stretch for DTF. Matt shot but could mess up the stretch.

Game 3
        I got to play Fisherman and his Death Korps. This game also went to turn 4. I only had TSNP. It went down to points. A blood bath. 995 to 960, a tie.
        I removed his center and right Flank with the possessed and bikes. The center was entrenched with AA. Planes were shot down on both sides. His left flank was were the party was at. The shadowswords were playing all game with the Defilers. My Berzerker retinues and his mech infantry companies were slugging it out. The termies came down, summoned, surrounded, and eat a Mech company loaded up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment