Sunday, October 2, 2022

Dark Realms Tortuga house 3 part III

 

        The first building is printed. It took 3 days to print each floor. About two weeks total including reprints. The 2nd building was done in about a week. The Flashforge was printing the same smaller things at the same time. Too many times I had to reprint as the Ender needed a beatin!

Lessons Learned;
            If you can running two printers at once, can save days. By breaking the various stls out, with smaller parts being done on the Flashforge, print time in days is cut down. More time can be saved by slicing all the parts/jobs at once. Make sure your printer is sorted before starting. Let the Flashforge reprint what fits and has been screwed up by the Ender. I must use a lighter primer color and paint as mush as I can with the airbrush.
        
            I have the kid trained to pop parts off, re-initialize, and start a job. This will get more printed while I am traveling.

        The roof was dry brush with a terra-cotta. 
        I primed the whole thing brick red. That was a mistake. Stone is a much better choice. My rooms are brick red. I am not going to paint the interior walls. Screw that. 
        After the Brick red primer. I went with a light grey. It didn't look right. I went back over that with the sickly yellow. The primer on the exposed bricks was left as is. Only washed with MIG Africia Korps wash.
        Before I got the Ender's shit together. I let the Ender print the roof. The back half, in the picture above, was printed by the Ender. The front reprinted by the Flashforge. These print problems can be seen between the floor and were the arch meet the 2nd floor.
        The doors and shutters have pre positioned holes to hinge them. A paper clip is to be used. I couldn't make clips work. I drove 1.2mm diameter nails down to hinge the door and shutters.
        A 20mm and 25mm base fits just fine within the structure. The building is scaled at 32mm. Minis with a 3mm thick base can fit thru the doors. The railings also come up to just past the waist of a mini on a 3mm thick base.


Mountain

2022

Bought = 368 + a collection + 3 Armies
Sold = 76, 14 Buildings, 22 detachments + 3 Armies + a game
Painted = 705
28mm = 80
20mm = 45
15mm = 342
10mm = 0
Epic = 0
Terrain bought = 82
Terrain painted = 238
Printed Terrain = 1

Games
Games played = 25
Games hosted = 9

2021
Bought = 366 + an army
Sold = 0
Painted = 841

Books
Bought = 14
Read = 6

No comments:

Post a Comment