Monday, August 9, 2021

Warmaster Weekend Lizards Vs Dogs of War

 

        Sunday became a free day. This time Kal hosted. Just like the Epic game from a week ago or so. This Warmaster game was a first in a long time. I prepared this time. I read my army list. There was one rules look up. Well two. I did not know if flier could enter towns and I didn't know what was defined as dense terrain.

Lizardmen impressions

        The 1st time out with the Lizards. Most the army is complete. I had to sub in 2 fliers, the commanders, and a unit of skinks. The Lizardmen are as tough as the Samurai. The Samurai are harder as the command structure is normal and they have meat shields. The Lizardmen's skinks are junk and getting commands off was a struggle. There command structure is funky. 

        I threw away my fliers. I did not use the Slann's magic correctly and all too easily gave up my wizards.

        Kal's DoW broke in their turn 5. I was one away from breaking. All of which is no great mastery on my part. My dice were hot. Kal's left flank went off while the right was not moving even with the general. Then the right started to go and the left went all stop for the game. Kal was playing with 2/3rds of a force.

        The dice revolt highlighted as the giant charges, 8 dice on the attack (Kal never added in the charge bonus +2) rolling 1 hit. All the Cold Ones hit. He failed his 1/2 saves, I made mine. The giant is wounded. In the end the giant did his duty and saved the guns from the rear and flank threats.


Mountain

2021
Bought = 341 + an army
Sold = 0
Painted = 643
20mm = 8
15mm = 282
10mm = 102
Epic = 22
Terrain bought = 151
Terrain painted = 238

Books
Bought = 13
Read = 5
Games Played = 13

Games Hosted = 7  

No comments:

Post a Comment