Friday, August 27, 2021

Terrain Boards, Cons and the Future Part VIII

                            

                     I lost or used so much basing material. I had to order more. 3 more bags.   

                    This time no drop cloth. I used a large plastic black trash bag. The cloth allowed all sorts of basing material to pass through. That could have been part of my problem with the first 4. (They will need to be touched up. As there are places where the basing material and glue turned into a cement looking thing after dry. It could have been that I baked them in the sun too.) With the Trash bag I saved a lot of material!

                The next board and only one done was the straight river section. The foam was sealed with white glue first. Then covered in a rattle can "otter brown".  Then white glue again brushed over. The basing material went down next.

                Then I realized this time I got a lot of stones in it. I went back over the board picking out the stones way too large.
                Then I ran everything through the pasta strainer. I still have not given it back. There were a butt ton of rocks. I lost a third of the material to rocks. More will need to be ordered. 
                With the rock strained and picked out. I have to now go back and fill in the spots were the rocks left "otter brown' peeking through. But it needs to dry fully. The boards now are done inside. So it is taking longer to dry.


No comments:

Post a Comment