Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Wargaming with the New England crew

 

        We all made to the Portal in Manchester, CT. A 4 hour drive turned into a 7hr circus. PA, NJ, and NY were fine up until the hudson. Then everything went to shit. It was bumper to bumper until just south of Hartford.

        My first game was Warmaster. My lizards Vs Frank's Nippon. Frank plays Nippon completely different from me. I max out of shooty troops. Frank took monsters. I never do. Frank does not throw the shooty troops forward in a skirmish fashion. He doesn't throw them away at all. I push them all the way up, chipping of stands and forcing drive backs. 

        None of which mattered. It was the same result. I stacked the dead troop that meant nothing. I was one samurai unit away from breaking him. Those I needed I could not get to. Lizards are tough to move. Your never going farther than 40cm. My birds and wings of the jungle completely failed. Lizards are not fast enough to catch running samurai. I broke myself trying to get at them.


    
    


        My second game was World Eaters Vs Karl's Lizard riding Eldar. Almost the same story as with my game against Kal. The termies went in and did jack all. The drop smash one and then soaked up activations. 
        I was hype aggressive, push the flanks to keep Karl bottled up. It help that he failed 4 activations in a row. Including the SC reroll. I failed two back to back in the string. 6 activations that did nothing, fast turn!
        The game went to turn four. The termies came back. They shot the Blitz free of lizards. That gave me Blitz and TSNP. 2 - 0 World Eaters

 











Mountain

2021
Bought = 341 + an army
Sold = 0
Painted = 724
20mm = 8
15mm = 282
10mm = 183
Epic = 22
Terrain bought = 153
Terrain painted = 240

Books
Bought = 14
Read = 5
Games Played = 15

Games Hosted = 7 



No comments:

Post a Comment