Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Your Momma is a Sallie part V "bikes"



XVIII Legion


         Been slacking off. No Sallie action. I did originally think I would be done by now. I am a lazy distracted boy. In reality this army may not get finished this year. Also I may keep it Vs selling it off.
   
         The bike bases are the same size as the Inf bases, 40 x 20mm. They were primed black. The walls base coated in Italeria German Pz grey. Then dry brushed model color dark sea grey. The ground was base coated in model color med German brown. Then with a heavy dry brushed of Foundry 45C. This was followed by a light dry brush of Foundry 10A. Any damaged section of the wall get Army painter dark tone. The ground was coated in Army painter soft tone. The whole base gets a final dry brush of XXX. Then a double Matt Vanish.

        The bikes are like FW Tau. So many chains words were broken. I printed some assault marines and took their chain swords.

        I thought about painting flames on the front of the bikes. The individual flames are so small that the results are a mess. No Flames!
        And just like the Space Wolf army I did way back in 2010 or 11. I will do all the Sallie heads on the shoulders at once over a couple of days. I will take those days off to do only that.

         The 40k list has limits on fast attack detachments. You can only have one. I would want all of the options available to me. I will paint up one of each; bikes, speeders, assault marines. In 30k you do not have the limitations, but the chance of actually playing 30K is about zero. Still the 30K minis are way cooler than the 40K dudes.

No comments:

Post a Comment