Monday, August 17, 2020

Warmaster Weekend "Japanese terrain"



        Not much has been occurring on the 10mm Samurai front. There are millions of dudes and shelves full of terrain. Very little motivation. I painted a few samurai's armor last week. Now I need my work space back. Some indirect motivation. All the rice paddy terrain was in some state of half ass effort. 
         I put the grass down in 3 layers. 2mm spring as a base. 2mm spring again for some height. Very few patches of 4mm late summer. Once the grass was down and set I poured the water.
        You have to do grass before water. If you do grass after water, grass will be in your water. I guess you could tape over the water. I don't. As I am afraid the tape will jack up my water.
         The problem is the water climbs up the grass. I did a shit job keeping the grass away from the water's edge. I have multiple spots where the water effects climbed into the grass.
      Looks terrible. Now I have to tape once the water fully cures and go back with the grass.

        Looks like a shit stain.

         All the MDF tiles Sarissa. The grass is scenic express specials. The water is woodland scenics that has been tinted with ink.

No comments:

Post a Comment