Saturday, June 20, 2020

Frec Epic World Eaters Vs Death Watch 3500 points

          I am going to the IWC in Lyon, France this November. The French group found a team for me to join. I will be playing with Hannibal, La Duc, & Casinius. They are play Eldar, Imperial Guard, Marines, and needed a Chaos player. I will be taking World Eaters.
         The French group is like any other. They have there own lists and adjustments to the core rules. I spent a day or so translating and studying the list. Any questions I had were answered very quickly.
        There is not a lot of difference between the US and French World Eaters lists. The Predators & Vindicators have RA, only one type of minor demon, 2 types of summoning, and terminators are cheaper.

        Kal hosted this time. It is only fair. He always comes up to my house or the game store. His house is about 50 minutes away. An easy drive through the county. He is the army champion for the Death Watch list development. We play 3500 points Vs our normal 3000 as the IWC is 3500. Al use his 500 additional points to take Bikes and Speeders.

My list;
Berzerkers, Icon Bearer, Dreadclaw
Berzerkers
Khorne Assault
Terminators, Lord, Icon Bearer
Terminators, Demon Prince, Icon Bearer (BTS)
Terminators (0-2 limit exceeded)
Demons
Demons
Major Demon
Spacecraft
Cannon of Khorne
Scorpion
Predators +2
Hellblades
Hellblades

Kal's list;
3 Blackstars with 5 Veterans
3 Backstairs with 5 Veterans
Tactical Veterans with Rhinos
Tactical Veterans with Rhinos
Terminators
6 Blackshields with rhinos and a dreadnought (BTS)
Warrior Acolytes with chimeras
Warrior Acolytes with chimeras
Land Speeders Tornados
Bikes
Bombers
Thunder Bolts

         12 activations straight up. Kal's terminators and Blackstar were off board. My 2 terminators were off board. 9 activation to 10. I brought on a Demon detachment when teleporting for 11 activations turn one. Al won turn 1 and 2 initiative. My demon detachment was shot off. The terminators broke on his retain. I failed to retain with the dreadclaw. My BTS failed to activate.  Turn one looked like this was going to be a shit show.
         I canned my gold dice and continued on with the red.  Kal kept the Blackstars to turn 2 and 3. My Teleported BTS shook off a double retain and broke Kal's BTS. The Predators came in and finished the job. The activation advantage was rough end of turn 2. At the end of 3 the World Eaters had 5 activation uninterrupted.

World Eaters win 3-0 BTS, T&H, and Biltz

Pictures are not in order and I continue to forget to take pictures.



Lessons Learned;
* I forgot every time to summon demons prior to charging. 3 times
* When a demon detachment breaks, they go back to the warp.
* I should take a Sup Cmd.

Questions:
Summoning was a problem. I thought I understood it. I had a copy of the translation with me. The questions from the game were;
* Is there a difference in summoning a greater demon Vs minor demon detachment during teleporting?
**** No. Both land within 15cm of the Icon Bearer
* Can only minor demons be summon while on the table? (not teleporting) Are there points toward summon demons, like in our system?
**** You pay for them and pick what you want.
* The Demon detachment arriving, with the teleporting Terminator detachment, does not roll for teleporting mishap?
**** No

No comments:

Post a Comment