Monday, June 22, 2020

3D printing part III

         This beast runs 24-7. I had a few mis prints. All due to the build plate being level. The plate is secured by a set screw into a ball joint. Which is easy to level. Yet if you get a print that does not pop right off, you can apply enough force to shift the ball joint. Every time I a print that does not stick I re-level the plate.
         I had one other print failure. The whole print area cured. The FB group had the solution. My file had gotten corrupted. I pulled the thumb drive, re sliced, and it printed.
        No more IPA. I don't use it. Some youtube clown said this stuff was the best. He was right. Nothing removes liquid resin easier. Once you dip your print the uncured resin start to behave like liquid Mercury. Little balls are formed.
        I use a primary and secondary wash followed by a clean water ultrasonic bath.
I printed up some speeders for Kal, legion marines, assault marines, and now demons, blood letters.

No comments:

Post a Comment