Tuesday, April 2, 2019

AdeptiCon Day four. Epic

         There is no tourney this year. There were 3 independent games. Last year people commented that they would have loved to play but did not want to be tied up all day in a tourney for Epic. So no tourney. We did get more different players.
         I went 2-0 with Nids and 0-1 with Imperial Fists.
My list;
Game 1 was against Pat. Pat also bought everything that was left from my 40K IG, the blue guard and  RT guard. Bugs slamming into super heavies. Well they bounce. In the end he either forgot about the objectives or did not have the units to cover. I won 3-0. TSNP, DTF, BTS.

Pat's list;
 Lictors out doing lictor stuff. Almost as good as Stealth suits.
 The stealers just are not worth it. Speed bumps at most.
Game two was against Bryan's Orks. He took the big nasty DC12 beast. I nearly got a 3-1 out of the game.

Bryan's list;
         My left flank was over loaded and the activation won the game for me. The left had big nasty on it. Unit after unit engaged to bounce, but it kept him busy, distracted.

          I continued with ZOC-ing and engaging big nasty. Bugs kept bouncing and breaking. It isolated big nasty and prevented him from crossing the table's 50. I got TSNP, DTF, and T&H. Bryan got BTS.

Game 3 was Eldar Vs Imperial Fist. Smashed 0 - 3. My opponent asked if I had a different list. Any engage would have seen the Eldar float away from CC and force FF. I had an old dealing Whirlwind list. The down side was my trenches and bunkers were used as terrain. I fought with the extra rhinos to pull the guns. I failed to take pictures. I failed to use the thudd gun special rules. I worked the objective placement.  I had no plan for deployment. In general I played poorly.

No comments:

Post a Comment