Saturday, December 1, 2018

Warmaster Revolution 2000points Tomb Kings Vs Dark Elves



         Another game with Kal. We banged two out on Thursday. Friday was re-enrollment for healthcare. WTF? Every year I have to do this shit? SO late post.
This my 2nd game with the Warmaster Revolution rules. We did not use the half move or scout rule. Is it cleaner? Not really. Faster? yes. It does a fine job of checking the abuses and daisy change gang banging engagements.

Deployments

Tomb King

Dark Elves

         In this game I tried some Alexander the Great BS. My first turn I did a line shift right. Placing my right flank in terrain. AtG did this to nuff the chariots he was facing. Kal had no chariots. I did it to over weight his left flank. 
          As in my center would be in front of his left flank, my right flank overlapping the same left flank. To ensure my now overlapped right flank did get run over, I refused the flank. The refusal was anchored at the pivot with an artillery formation. While the move was covered be flyers and a dragon.
         Of course the refused flank group failed to follow the rest of the army on T1. A lone cavalry unit was sent out to cover the failures. T2 they got it together. As the right flank then failed orders.
        The right flank refusal, worked better than expected. Kal's witch elves were just off center on my left. They assisted in failing orders twice in a row. Then they started passing and ate that right flank.
Those 2 lone units of skeleton INF way out in no man's land are raise the dead. The bust stand missing it's minis was my dragon. He took a pre game nose dive and suffered terribly from gravity.
        My center looking just off center from the Dark Elves.
         The witch elves on the left are steam rolling everything. My left center brigade is pushed up to feed the Elves. As the chariots are about to slam the center and feed the cold ones on the right.

Tomb Kings won
The game was decided not by my AtG bullshit, but more by the dice. Kal's flanks had trouble from the start. Which hung units out to dry. The dragon and flyers, the center chariot brigade took advantage. I kept the weak INF back in supporting roles. While the dice plagued him with zero saves and only 1 or 2 hits when he needed them or when I should have been brush off with little effort.

Tomb King lessons
Chariots are just ok. Cavalry are not cavalry, more like fast INF. The flyers and dragon/priest combo are mean. With raise the dead, the combo is broken!







No comments:

Post a Comment