Saturday, December 15, 2018

Net Epic Armageddon Tau Vs




         Last time I went with the list above.  I noticed that I had to select a Broadside as BTS and that one of them was riding in an Ocra. Bad news, hard choices. I had little in the way of protection for those Broadsides. Overwatch sure, but its one and done then your getting engaged.

Zero pictures. Completely forgot.

         Continuing the training with Broadsides. I dropped an Orca for a set of Cudas, the AX-01 for Tiger Shark and Kroot, 1 set of suits + Recon for Fire Warriors and Path Finders and drones onto the tiger. Fire Warriors w/ Path Finders become the BTS, break 10.
         I will got to 14 activation from 13. 6 off board to 5 form the original. The plus one activation coming from the drones on the Tiger. With only 8 on board activations, I will suffer first turn. I think I will miss the AX-01's killy-ness.
         I will try to castle up with the Broadsides, supporting each other with over lapping fields of fire. The Kroot will hang out as a screening force to punch the punchy. The drones and Stealth suits will create their normal side show silliness behind the lines. In this game, I will go for TSNP, DTF and grab BTS or Blitz if left out in the wind. If I get T&H it would be all luck!




Nothing like that happened. We played a mission, not the tourney set piece battle. 6 different valved objective counters spread out across the table. And NO GARRISONS. And I forgot about my tellie stealths! I never did plan to be mobile.

        I got table! First turn 75% failed to activate. Second turn was not so bad but all the same. The skyray become magnets for destruction. I may have to try hiding them in units or drop them completely.
        No more drones or Tiger Sharks. I had always played the Tigersharks made an attack run while dropping drones. Wrong. They can only drop drones, nothing else that turn. Don't know how many people got cheated with that one?

I will play the same list again. One can't tailor a list for a special mission or opponent. Next time pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment