Saturday, December 29, 2018

20mm Colonial project "wood filler?????"


         I have had painting sticks full of British dudes for months and months. They were all primed up and maybe just the helmets painted. I carried them with me since the Cali trips. Never, ever could get into painting them.
Empty sticks, need more dudes

         On this road trip, I made it a priority. They would be first to be done and I would not dick around with anything else until they were finished. I still dicked around, but I got them completely paint, and based.
         The next step was to put filler around their feet. I had always used wall filler. It is cheap and easy to use. It cleans up with water. After it dried, as it is white dirt is brown, I had to paint the wite wall filler. Two days of sitting around waiting for it to dry. And if, if you use a different brown to paint the filler the flock changes tone. Which is the root cause of the Colonial basing tone issues.

        I hate seeing the flat chunk of metal or plastic on the bottom raising them above the flock. It looks terrible! One of the reasons I rebased the entire Warmaster Tomb King army. That 2-3mm metal strip they stand on makes the basing look extra crappy.


         I did not have any wall filler with me. I had time and a goal. Off to Home Depot. Now I had just been watch that Luke painting service dude. He had made some temple thingy and used colored tile something or other. Not my idea! Hmmm if I had colored wall filler shit, I could save time and cut a step out, and establish some sort of uniformity across the future base color. So Tile stuff comes in 17 lb box, nope. Colored wood filler is small light and 4 bucks.

This is what you get.
Next washed, final highlight and the bases get flocked.


No comments:

Post a Comment