Monday, July 29, 2024

Custer project

 

            A priest drop his his Custer's Last stand diorama. When it was dropped I can't say. I think it was years ago. He could not find anyone to fix it. Or didn't know anyone and lack the ability himself. He had asked a couple of years ago if I could help him. I have known the father all my life. He knew my father. At the Civil War museum conference he handed it off. 

                                         

            After checking the damage. I noted what was missing. What I would need to source. The dudes are an odd scale, 52mm foot to eye. No stand manufacture currently produces anything. I looked for dudes to print. Nothing close to the time period. I ended up ordering dudes 54mm foot to eye from mi toy soldier co.

            The looks over sized. The legs and hand match exactly.

            Then blew the dust off. Primed the chipped areas and tried to match the paint used. The paint is a little darker. I can highlight it up to be close enough.




No comments:

Post a Comment