Tuesday, April 25, 2023

All STOP, Drop Anchor Again part I

 


        Once upon a time, long long ago, I had a room built. In that room my Wargaming table and painting BS was contained. At the NY house I took over the garage. My Saab 93 Aero could not open the door once inside the garage. A wall was thrown up with a fire door. The front half of the garage was as deep as a garage door was tall. I packed 2 1/2 cords of wood in there. The other side was all Wargaming space, hobby space.  

        I thought I had a lot of stuff then. Mmmmm nope. I got at least 10 times the crap now. 3x the printers and 6 other systems with 20 some odd armies.

        Once again I am in the garage. I had a junk temporary foam wall up. The idea was to assist in keeping the cold out with the front half of the garage usable. In the summer it was fine. The winter it never functioned as I thought it would. I have a wicked hard time controlling temperature. The making of molds and pours resin is tough. In the winter it kills me to heat just enough my paints and resin does not freeze.

        Now the foam is gone. I took apart and packed up my junk. The assembly bench will get taken apart and the rails used to construct shelves and the frame for a huge paint table. Other than the lead armies living in the linear cabinets. Raul is going to remove the garage door, stud it out and insulate. I will do the electrical. Raul is on for wall boarding.

            Then its chilling time.



No comments:

Post a Comment