Monday, April 10, 2023

3D Print Service


        It is hard to find minis for the Golden Age. B&P and Black Scorpion only make so many. Old man and 1666 can be drafted from. There is one or two packs with North Star and Foundry. Perrys have 5-6. I don't want 50 dudes in 6 poses. I used a print service. The prints were cheaper than buying the stls. I should have bought the stls!


        Last year I used a print service to burn off some minis. The dude never knew there was a scale or didn't understand what 28mm was. I got minis ranging from 37 to 63mm. After too many emails, he finally agreed to reprint them. It took him 4 months to do it. They arrived last week. 
        They are great quality. Very sharp prints. A bunch of Arabic/Indian Ocean theater pirates, a few Caribbean pirates, and natives. I will use them in the 1695 event, 1666, and B&P of course.

        Why bother checking at this point? I knew he would screw up again. So much so, I didn't want to open the box. And I could tell he didn't rescale two right away. I am not dealing with that dude ever again. The two jacked in scale can go into the box of mini for the kid to paint.

        I used a Black Scorpion mini to check size. Their minis are dead on for 28mm, no 32mm shady business. This guy was also standing straight up. The rest were dead nuts on. Kind of makes me think he never reprinted the two jacked ones. Just sent them back to me.


Mountain

2023

Bought = 18, 1 collection 
Sold = 35, 71 Detachments

Painted = 246
28mm = 33
20mm = 90
15mm = 0
10mm = 0
Epic = 86
Terrain bought = 51
Terrain painted = 15

Printed Terrain = 4
Printed = 30

Games
Games played = 11
Games hosted = 5

Books
Bought = 1
Read = 3

2022

Bought = 1289 + a collection + 3 Armies
Sold = 76, 14 Buildings, 22 detachments + 3 Armies + a game
Painted = 763

No comments:

Post a Comment