Saturday, July 4, 2020

French World Eaters Vs Sisters 3500 point


Sisters 2 - World Eaters 1
Blitz & TSNP  to  BTS
        Another practice game for the 2020 IWC. I need practice games. The list needs to be razor sharp. The list turn in deadline is August.
         The EU has shut out US visitors for plague numbers. We are still 4 months away. Hopefully they will be allowing US visitors by then?
        Kal brought out a turned up Sisters list to punish my current thought train. And punish me he did. I was grossly out activated. At the end of turn 1,  I watched 7 activations go off back to back.      
       A good testing. As I will surely see pop corn lists and be out activated in some games. I sit currently at 11 activations. We spoke afterwards about trimming the fat, getting activations in without giving up threat flexibility, and some turn 1 activation cutting.

My List
Berzerkers, LoW, Rhinos, Stalker            400 (BTS)
Berzerkers, Icon Bear                               300
Berzerkers, DreadClaw, Icon Bearer        350
Terminators, Icon Bearer, Demon Prince 400
Terminators, Icon Bearer                          225
Predators, +2                                             275
Cannons of Khrone                                   325
Demons (8)                                               175
Demons (8)                                               175
Greater Demon                                         200
Hell Blade                                                200
Hell Talon                                                 225
SpaceCraft                                                200

Kal's list

Objectives And Garrisons
         This was error number one. I placed the objectives too tightly packed for an opponent that out numbered me. This naturely created a concentration of force. I would have been enveloped, if not for the board edge. My objectives should have been spread out.
 Turn 1
         I held the Space craft, DreadClaw, and both terminator detachments for turn 2. Kal had filled his deployment zone. There was not a target of opportunity that was survivable for the Terminators.
         I should have taken the smaller Terminator detachment and teleported onto the right flank. The summoned demons would become an independent formation (french rule), boosted activations and soaked up an overwatch garrison.
The RF garrison moved up and the predators broke them. This set the Predators up for a turn two engagement.
 Kal's air wing splashed my bombers and picked on the garrisoned Berserkers. My fighters laid blast markers on the right flank garrisoned detachment.

End of turn 1
 Turn 2
         The dice flipped on me. Orbital bomb hits 8 stands and kills one! Detachment after detachment saw next to no saves.

Turn 3
 Kal breaks the Cannons and secures Blitz.
 My BTS takes a beating fails to activate, fails to save Blitz, but takes T&H away.
 The terminators also fail denied TSPN.
end of the game
Sisters 2  -  World Eaters 1
Blitz & TSNP  to  BTS


2 comments:

  1. That’s a nice table, the perimeter road actually creates the illusion of peering down from a birds eye perspective onto a small colony.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you. the roads are from timecast and the buildings are all games craft miniatures.

    ReplyDelete