Monday, May 18, 2020

3D printing

       Both of the old printers were sold off. They had to go as parts and consumables were past the point of a new printer. I sold one through the FB user group. The other went on eBay. I took about two week to unload them both.
       With the coin I got from the sales, I was easily able to get a new photon. Creeping on eBay for 3 weeks got a Photon S for 250 new.
       Sadly the "S" forces you to use their software package. Which was a pain to use after Chitubox. But it has the dual rail Z and machined flat build plate. This is the first print I have ever had where you plug it in and it prints. I think the dog could run it.

Working on get the ratio right for Rhino and Land Raider doors in the Z. Thickness to fill the hole where they go Vs surface detail.


No comments:

Post a Comment