Sunday, November 3, 2019

Warmaster Weekend "Flock Box"


         Tuffs can get expensive real fast. One, two, five on a base. You got 30 plus dudes. That is about two packs at 8-ish bucks. After years of buy tuffs, one day I did the math. I got me one of those flock box things.



         Mostly I have been making tuffs with it. They are nothing special, wax paper, white glue, and static grass. I did try out the tuff guide. The wooden ruler you drill holes in of various sizes to get tuff that stand straight up. That was as deep as I went. Until this year, I added a dollar store strainer. With the strainer hooked up you can flock areas and do tuffs faster.
Lessons Learned.

1.) The other thing you need is a lady's sock or stockin. Then grab the Vac's hose and put the sock dude over the end. You will save 80% of the grass thrown all over the place. The shit goes every where.
2.) You will notice a rubber band. Don't be me. I failed to hold on and right in the vacuum went my grass. Sucks bad, you ain't fish that out. 
3.) Also tie a knott in the end that gets sucked down the hose. A hole in the bottom, well your buying more grass.

What does all this got to do with Warmaster? I flocked my army.
 Every stand is doubled based. 90% on Shogun magnetic bases. This time they sit on the flat movement trays. The two circles with dice are awaiting the foxes from the commission girl.
 The general's base in WIP and 2 units Ashigaru. (The Ashigaru got finished.)
So more Samurai on the sticks and Ninjas getting based. I should finish the Ninja and the General tomorrow.

          Shogun minis makes any base you can dream of, custom cut movement trays, and the dude delivers with Amazon speed. <3 days!



No comments:

Post a Comment