Sunday, August 6, 2023

Terrain Boards, Cons and the Future part XVIII

 


            I am home this week. A great time to get back at it. I want the board finished by Fall In. If I do not get my ass in gear, it will never happen. I had stalled out on the last tile. That is fixed. My gaming table needed resurfacing. Done My paint room was remodeled. Done. The printer went down. Its back up. No more excuses!

        The first raised tile. The first new tile. The focus point of this one will be the Forge World Church. It will be off center. I wanted it to be dead nuts center, but that would have forced the church to cross two tiles. Its original. I don't want it damaged. I don't want to repaint it. 

        The gap between the Walls and the 3mm plastic card surface was the worst of the fill job. It was very hard to cut the green card to match the walls' edge. the spray foam pulled back some and did not raise as high. That is why the gap exists. I had intended from the start to have flowering trees next to the wall. Very gritty sand was flocked in to fill and level it roughly.


        This is the monument, rich section. High above the dirty peasants. The roads will be straight and there will be more parks and less ruins.

        Originally where the roads touch the side of the board or came close to it, I left them destroyed. Then in round 2, I started connecting them across the boards. I had to pull up most of the roads. As they were not square. Surprise FW products. Then when I made the molds I never squared the roads. The roads here became straight cut and matched up.

        Now its round 3 or 5 depending on how you count. At this stage, I am finishing all of the road right up to the edge.

        Perfect time to use all these bit and chunks I chopped up to get the main road sections down.

        2 great examples of me not finishing to the edges.

        By Fall In the each and every tile will be completed. Roads, Ruins, Buildings, raise sections and walls

No comments:

Post a Comment