Saturday, August 5, 2023

Terrain Boards, Cons and the Future part XVII

 

        I used plastic card and plastic beams for support. 

        Then laid in liquid nails to secure the seem at the bottom. The train gates were packed with tissue paper to prevent the foam from leaking out.

        Next expanding foam is used to fill the void. A flat saw used to cut off the foam form above the hill top plane.

        After I covered it with <1mm plastic card to cover the mess. Once everything was dry, it was not level. I thought about what to do for months. The problem in my head was two fold. I did not want to make the tile heavier nor did I want to make the surface higher. 

        I ended up laying down 3mm plastic card and trim. Some areas had additional scrap plastic card laid under for support.


It was then trimmed out for smooth edges. The train tracks have been added. The cutting of FDM printed stuff is.....a mess. I had these 40K electric fence things in the box of junk. 


            Roads were laid down for the lower section. 

                    Some of the roads have material issues. I made them years ago when this project started. I was not the best resin pour guy, mixing guy. Or the resin was bad. The roads in that color resin are full of bubbles. Which is fine and you would never know. But if you go to cut them, they won't cut straight. They do break up beautifully. 

        The sectors, areas, for buildings are being created. I pulled out some of my FW and creations from the past to fill in. 

        The Forge World Tank Factory doesn't exactly fit the space. It is not square or level. It is FW so no surprise there. It is original. I am not interested in cutting or sanding it. It will remain as one of the only Structures not to fit in it's sector.



No comments:

Post a Comment