Thursday, December 8, 2022

Back Out on the Road Year end

 

        This has been a year on the road. Normally I sit for weeks. Not this time. A Lot was done and many more opportunities wasted. In the first few months the HVAC systems were poisoning me. Too many times I skipped painting and the gym watching Archer. 
        The rest of my schedule is clear. I am on vacation the last two weeks of the year. I do not believe I will be sent out again. 
        I have collected 876k points this year. I think I could have gotten a million in a half if I focused on two chains.

        Lessons Learned;
                The Holiday Inns are great for points. 6 or 700k points a year is easy! The lighting sucks and some brands of hotels within IHG do not have a nice place to paint.
                The Marroit chains have good lighting with the Courtyard having the best area to paint at. Points are hit or miss. If there is a good promotion and extras points at booking, you can collect a free night a week. 300k points are about all you can get. This is also where HistoriCon and Little Wars are held.
                The Hilton chains are the wildest. Some crazy people stay there. Points are the worst to collect. The lighting is never the same. The desk area is good.

                    I will focus on Courtyards, Plazas, and Full service Holiday Inns next year. I will be the highest status for both next year. Hilton are out. Best Westerns are out. 

                My kit has been fully sorted. I can fly with it without having to change anything now. Before I would pull item for size and weight restrictions. I have doubles for all those primary paints. That way flying only mess with those. Flying does weird shit to paint. I have vortex mixer that remains in my flight bag.

                Lighting still needs to be sorted. I had a lamp. It sucked sort of and then broken. I have a rechargeable headlamp job that hangs around your neck. Thats is pretty good. The beam focus distance is terrible. I will be searching for a new lamp in the 2023. 

No comments:

Post a Comment