Sunday, December 18, 2022

Epic 30K Imperial Fists


            Ever since seeing the Spanish player's 30k Imperial Fists. I have been printing away, what I never got in Forumware. There I go starting another side project.The Sallies are 30K also. The Sallies still need to be finished. They are not even half way done.  Then the World Eaters are 30k and I have a lot for them in the mountain!

            It is not exactly another project. I am short a few detachments for the Cold Wars army. Yes this year I am back to planing and play testing the army I will take. I am not taking IFs, a tactical heavy SM list. The IFs are my largest and most kitted SM painted army.

            In getting those detachments done I learned that using Epic scale to start at the hotel got me to paint more 28s. Epic doesn't have that challenge 28mm creates in my head. In that way I find myself sitting down to paint sooner. A few Epic dudes later and I am smashing out 28s.

        Metal or plastic, original or printed or forumware everything gets primed flat white. Then soaked in P3 and followed be an AP soft wash. That was the original way the army was done years ago, straight out of the note notebook. The bottle of P3 is about gone. The new P3 is not the same. Sooooo

        I want try out the Xpress yellow. The Nuclear Yellow looks to be both the P3 and the AP soft wash in one. Anything that will cut down the number of steps. And the new P3 sucks!



    One more tactical detachment. Maybe the last one done the old way.

Mountain

2022

Bought = 1289 + a collection + 3 Armies
Sold = 76, 14 Buildings, 22 detachments + 3 Armies + a game
Painted = 761
28mm = 86
20mm = 45
15mm = 342
10mm = 0
Epic = 36
Terrain bought = 82
Terrain painted = 248
Printed Terrain = 13

Games
Games played = 40
Games hosted = 15

2021
Bought = 366 + an army
Sold = 0
Painted = 841

Books
Bought = 19
Read = 10

No comments:

Post a Comment