Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Regimental Fire and Fury repainting and paint

 


        There are a number of dudes that will require repainting. Some that need to be stripped. A few new dudes to kit out the armies. I have started with the Union. Why? I am on the road this month and the Union's color palette is smaller, more limited, than the South's.

         I am using mostly Foundry paints. Out of all the paints on the market, they are the best. They are not easy to get. I ordered a set way back in 2011. They have been all over the world with me. GW and Model Color do not like to fly. Never had that problem with Foundry. Never had one go bad or dry out. Never had to replace one! Just like all the other paints, I drop in 3 22 cal airgun pellets as shakers. 

         You could buy the ACW range of paints from Foundry. The set contains all you would ever want in the Foundry 3 color system. I did not, nor am I using those colors. The ones I have are the ones I am using. I would recommend that you purchase the entire range of skin tones

          Consider yourself warned! Foundry paints are not cheap. They are 3ish pounds stirling a pot without shipping. You can purchase the pots as singles. You can also purchase the pots from any of the HMGS Cons. 

         None of the miniatures are getting the 28mm experience. That would take a life time to paint them. This is a speed painting exercise. No shading. No highlight. No dry brushing. The plan is to block in the colors and dip them in Army painter strong tone.

         Why strong tone? The dudes have been on campaign, marching endlessly, camping outside. Pretty sure their wasn't a laundry service. I want dirty looking. Plus the dip does 50% of the work for you. The dip also protects them. The game will always be hosted inhouse or at a Con. They will take a beating!

        Why 124C North American Flesh for a skin tone? The boys live outside all day, every day. The sun will bake them. And they would be a dirty bunch of dudes as they eat dust on the march.

The paints used are;

Foundry 66B for the jackets

Foundry 76B for the pants

Foundry 72B for the rifles

Foundry 124C for the skin

Foundry 67A for the sack

Foundry 45C for the Canteen

Foundry 66A for the belts, boots, pouches

Warpaints Claymore Blade for the metal bits


Repainted

         The boys here were painted like some one iced a cake with craft paint. No need to strip them. An old tooth brush took off 90%. A bath in the ultra sonic did the rest. 





Newly Painted

         Old glory miniatures. White primer. Always white primer!

 



         Because I am at work, in the office. There is no dipping or flocking. All that will happen when I get home on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment