Sunday, September 27, 2020

ACW RF&F Wheatfield scenario

 

        Finally moving on with the 15mm ACW. The goal this year was at the half way point to start 15mm ACW. As always I got distracted by something else. Nothing got done. I never even looked at the dudes. 

         Now that Tim is close, I have a gaming buddy who is interested in ACW. That fact jump started my ass into actually doing something. I will be hosting day 2 at Gettysburg, The WheatField.

        I had to pick a smaller gaming scenario. My collect did not survive storage and half were based for another system and 90% were parts from collections I had purchased way back. All this put a serious question as to how many stands could I field. It was good Tim choose this scenario as I bearly filled out the order of battle. 


This was also a great excuse to pull out the Geo-Hex. RF&F scenarios are 3D. Geo-Hex is an easy solution to representing all the varying terrain across the ACW theater.


         I went head first into the terrain box for teddy bear fur. There were many pieces kicking about.               One that closely fit the wheatfield's dimension was cut to fit. The oat field matched up well with a grass mat.

        Snake rail fencing. I had a ton of it at one time. Went looking and looking, I found the box it was in. I can't believe I sold it off. And I sold the stone walls. Here I go again making fencing. The fencing kits are from Battle Field Concepts. Those I kept and were in the box. 

        The base for the fence is wood strips from JoAnne's. They are easy to assemble after the first one. Once you get the spacing down, they are quick to build. I did 10 feet worth in 3 hours.


         I got the snake rail fencing done in time for Sunday's game. Assembled, not flocked. Then bright and earily Tim called to cancel. Shit happens. The game has been rescheduled two weeks out.





No comments:

Post a Comment