Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Containment Lock Down part VII


           I am salary and considered on call, meaning my pay continues to land. Still we all worry about our utilization numbers. I have done zip all nothing for over a month. Not even phone support or on line training.
          This week happily I travel. Being a traveling dude and not traveling makes for a boring life. Plus I am not earning the crazy reward points. I will not make my Airline reward level or level up.      Some customers are classed Essential. DOHS says we are Essential. (Company bars us from
international travel.)

         We are only allowed to fly if and only if driving to the customer site is not possible. I would fly to Cali, but drive to any site East of the Mississippi. Or hotels are unavailable. There was only 1 of 8 hotels open at the customer site.
         At least Delta still loves me: "When you’re ready to fly again, we want you to continue to enjoy the travel benefits you love. Knowing that Coronavirus has impacted travel for many of our Members, we’re extending Medallion Status and other program benefits, including select Delta SkyMiles® American Express Card benefits and Delta Sky Club Memberships."

         PA state liquor stores are closed. Gov Wolfe is a ballet puss, close churches got close liquor. I was going to make a run to MD, but I am traveling. NY is expensive and has little to no scotch. VT state stores are 20% cheaper than NY and they are well stocked in scotch. I smuggled;
Balvenie
Glenrothers
Aberlour
2 Craig's
2 Woodford
1 rock gut liter of vodka

On the road work.

         The Holiday Inns in Burlington, VT are closed. Half the hotels here are closed. I am at the Double Tree. It is empty even with half the rooms under construction. Only real difference between IHG and Double Tree are the in room lights. The double Tree has filters on all the lights. Painting dudes in the room is by candle light.
       After moving all the lights, I still could not see jack. All I got done was blocking in the skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment