Thursday, April 9, 2020

Containment Lock Down part IV

         I have been home for 4 weeks now. Which means my utilization this year will be like < 20%. I still get paid to be on call. Hopefully I will be a road warrior for the rest of the year. Man, I am not going to be able to maintain Skymiles status, and hotel points will be zip. 
        The wife has been off work since 16Mar. She starts at Amazon tomorrow. Amazon will give her all the hours she can take, right up to the legal limit. 
        The kid has been out of since the 13th. The last two weeks were online if ya want to. The math teacher says the school year is done. Next week the district say you got to do it. I was taught by nuns. There was none of this Common Core crap. I will not be teaching Common Core Gov Wolfe can suck it! She is 9. I am going to stand over her, find and feed her each lesson, and then email that shit to the teacher. I sent the district a PO (purchase order) for service. 
        I have been detached to the forced labor camp. 150 bricks, 4 bags of dirt, two wheel barrels of dirt relocated, and the pepper garden has been expanded. 35 bags of mulch will fit inside an Acura, with 5 in the front seat. 70 bags of mulch and the yard has been cleaned, weeded, edged, and mulched.

        Dudes shooting out the windows are just funny.

        The last unit of Macedonian Hypaspists. I had been putting them off. They needed stickers and flocking. The sticker on the last group sucked. A deep dive into the mountain produce a bottle of micro sol. Just like magic it took the stick pain away.

20mm African IFV
        An Ebay special hit with the airbrush. Nothing special, it took longer to clean the airbrush than it did to paint up.

 3D on demand prints
         Yes I do have printers. I have not spun them up in a while. They both tend to be little bitches upon start up. I did not want to waste my time. Actually I put the Fabtum up for parts on the FB group. I will replace that bitch.
          8 bucks each with shipping. Its not a lot, but there is maybe a buck worth of material there. Pretty good filament prints.
No one ever looks at the under side. 


          4 Doom Cannons for the 40K World Eater army that will be sold. I think it is the only way I will be able to sell off the additional WE stuff for its value.



          Finally I got a copy of Venter's "Mercenaries." It had always been available. I was not paying 26 bucks for it. My copy came from AbeBooks for 5.99 shipped. Good thing, because it is a shit show. The lads who recommended it have been moved to the list of unreliable sources.
          The book appears to have been parts from many other works. His other books, his friends other books, articles taken? Whatever, it is all over the place. The book does not flow at all. You find yourself flipping back to see if pages stuck together somehow. I guess you would have to know the man and his oral stories to be able get what the hell he is put across.  Grammar and mis spelled words force you to almost translate it back into english. The type set is from the 60s. So if your use to reading modern type set it will take a few pages before you can plow through it.
          I did finish it while cooking over a bottle of scotch and multiple cigars. I can not say why? Don't buy it. Don't barrow it. Don't check it out of the library.


No comments:

Post a Comment