Thursday, January 9, 2020

Warmaster Ancients "Introducing a New Player" part II

        On the Job wargaming. We are both on call today. No wives or kids, middle of the work week. This is Jeremy's 3rd game. I sent him the warmaster selector link and gave him 1k to pick a force.  We will play the Oceanside Property scenario.
My list

 Jeremy's list

Republican Roman, 1000 points
Warmaster Ancients
--------------------------------
 150 - 2 Triari
 325 - 5 Legion
  60 - 2 Skirmishers
  80 - 1 Heavy Cavalry
 180 - 3 Light Cavalry
 125 - 1 General
  80 - 1 Tribune
--------------------------------
1000 - 11/6

Deployments
Mine
Jeremy's 
 Initially he beat me to both bridges.
 His general failed. I was able to cross the bridge by the objective first. My skirmishers rushed ahead to cover the advance.
 Both were holding as rear guards.
 I was able to security the Objective. The legion deployed to protect the unit on the objective.
 The Allied Legion was crumbling on the rear guard.
 The legion took a beating shielding the Objective as the Triari moved up
 The Cavalry covered the the far right flank. Jeremy almost got around the back end.
In the end, Jeremy broke my army. I won due to the Objective.


No comments:

Post a Comment