Friday, January 3, 2020

10mm Macedonians and Carthaginians


        The Carths are from Magister Militia. The shield bosses are over sized. It makes shield stickers or hand painting designs problematic. Other than that, they are excellent casts.  I have T-shirt wearers and armored spearman. Citizen body or levies.
Numidians
        From one baggie I got 2 units of Numidian skirmishers. I painted only 6 in the traditional white tunics. If levied or as mercs they would have had access to the Cartho markets and trade. White would not have been the only cloth available. Being soldiers for hire they would spend their coin the same as we spend ours today.



         All the Macs are Old Glory dudes. They still come one strips. I had to remove One dude from each strip to fit Phalanx on the short edge (20 x 40). One baggie will get you a unit and a half with a bunch of floaters. Nicely each dudes hands are per drilled for pointy sticks. But you have to buy the pointy sticks separately.
         Four strips will fill out a 20 x 40mm base. All are primed white and then washed black. Whatever black is cheapest and easier to get a hold of. Normally I use Army Painter dark tone. This time I have GW's black wash. They get a good soaking. The wash help you see detail and increasing the speed at which I can block in the paint. 
         4 are glued to a stick for speed painting and and not every dude needs painting. They will be tightly packed together. The front rank's back will never be seen. As the back rank's front will never be seen. These dudes will be painted <50%.
         I had to pull from one stick and mount them to a base. No sense in painting every stick only to discover what I thought would be un seen is visible.
I realized I would have to paint and flock the strips they stand on. It would be overly difficult the do it mounted.
 More of the back is visible than initially thought.
 Those on the sticks will be adjusted per the lessons learned.
 The next 6 bases and shields are for Weekend.
Uniforms and shield design are referenced here;















1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete